BEAUX FEMMES: a playlist;
“That’s the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they’re not much to look at, or even if they’re sort of stupid, you fall in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
i. Tennis Court - Lorde | ii. Thirteen Thirtyfive - Dillon | iii. Wasting My Young Years - London Grammar | iv. Beast - Agnes Obel | v. Btsk - MS MR | vi. Where Is My Mind (Pixies cover) - Sunday Girl | vii. My Moon My Man - Feist | viii. I Know Places - Lykke Li | ix. That Is What Makes Us Girls - Lana Del Rey | x. Anthems For A Seventeen-Year-Old Girl - Broken Social Scene | xi. Wicked Games (The Weeknd cover) - Coeur de Pirate | xii. Under Your Spell - Desire | xiii. Pretender - Sarah Jaffe | xiv. The Love Club - Lorde
how do you like me now? | a mix for the sexy, confident, badass ladies, who leave a trail of destruction and broken hearts wherever they go.
1. get drunk - lana del rey | 2. can’t hold us down - christina aguilera | 3. red lipstick - rihanna | 4. she’s long gone - the black keys | 5. i‘m out - ciara ft. nicki minaj | 6. muse - O.C.A.D | 7. demons - sleigh bells | 8. you know i’m no good - amy winehouse | 9. bad girls (switch remix) - M.I.A ft. missy elliot and rye rye | 10. before he cheats - carrie underwood | 11. i love you - tila tequila | 12. king of the world | porcelain black | 13. bad reputation - joan jett | 14. PU$$Y - iggy azalea | 15. beautiful dangerous - slash ft. fergie
STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN - A mix for all the badass bitches who don’t need no man. Or woman. Or anyone.
01. Miss Emerald : Intro - Caro Emerald
02. Absolutely Me - Caro Emerald (clear the way, boys / the lady has arrived)
03. Come Alive (The War of the Roses) - Janelle Monáe (you better leave the town / i’m coming for you)
04. That’s Not My Name - The Ting Tings (they call me quiet girl / but i’m a riot yeah)
05. Death Proof - Kate Nash (and i ain’t wonderin’ about my numbered days, cause / i ain’t got time to die)
06. Gold Trans Am - Ke$ha (pedal to the metal, lookin’ straight amazin’ / i can’t help all the hell that i’m raisin’)
07. Girl - Robots In Disguise (shan’t mind our language / with the f-word, f for feminist)
08. Homewrecker - Marina and the Diamonds (‘cause i’m a homewrecker / i broke a million hearts just for fun)
09. A Million Ways - OK Go (oh darling / you’re a million ways to be cruel)
10. Posse - Kimbra (i don’t wanna be / be in your posse girl)
11. Primadonna - Marina and the Diamonds (i know i’ve got a big ego / i really don’t know why it’s such a big deal though)
12. Bulletproof - La Roux (been there, done that, messed around / i’m having fun, don’t put me down)
13. Eryn Smith - The Matches (she hacks her hair shorter on the left side / ‘cause if you called her cute, she’d be horrified)
14. Rap For Rejection - Kate Nash (you’re try’na tell me sexism doesn’t exist? / if it doesn’t exist, then what the fuck is this)
15. In Her Sun - Krezip (you’re stupid, and i could cry for you / pathetic, boring little thing)
16. Nobody’s Wife - Anouk (i’m sucking out his love / i’ll never be nobody’s wife)
17. Warrior - Kimbra (you wanna change the world / but your girls will be seen and not be heard)
18. Mansion Song - Kate Nash (strip, strip, strip and shag, fuck, get fucked and drag / and be impressed by the better sex)
Photo credit: x
Hey Crime fiction writers. Here’s an oft-cited reference chart to show you what different bullets look like going in and coming out.
"I am a writer…" I whisper as I reblog this.